Irish Watercress Soup With a Twist
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 3 cups of white potatoes, diced (3 medium potatoes)
- 2 cups chicken broth (you can substitute with vegetable broth)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 onion, large dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish (1 tablespoon per serving)
- In a soup pot, add the olive oil and onion and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the broth, milk, potatoes, and watercress and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender. Let cool. Add the lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth consistency. Top with crumbled blue cheese. You can serve warm or cold.