Coconut Lime Macaroons
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 2 egg whites, beaten until they form stiff white peaks
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric hand mixer
- Cooking sheet
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Mix the coconut, condensed milk,
lime, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg
whites until they form stiff peaks (this can be done by hand with a whisk or
with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment).
- Gently mix (fold) the egg whites
into the coconut mixture.
- Place a tablespoon-sized amount
on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, until the top begins to become
- Sprinkle with lime zest
immediately when they come out of the oven.