Pan Roasted Salmon with Pomegranate Reduction
- 2 lbs salmon (8 ounces per person is the usual rule, that will include
the skin, so you will likely have a 6 ounce portion per person)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, diced
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Carrots sautéed in olive oil with 1 tablespoon of sugar as a side.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sear the salmon in a sauté pan over medium heat for 3 minutes per side.
Place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of your
- In a saucepan, add the pomegranate juice, orange juice, shallot, lemon,
salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Slow boil over medium high heat for 20
minutes until reduced by half. Add the honey and spoon over the salmon.